The church was built in 1912-1914 by the architect AP Aplaksin. In 1932 the church was closed and opened again in 1994.
Эта страница доступна на Русском языке.
The original church was laid June 29, 1871 on the right bank of the river Sisters (in the current Liberty Square). In 1931 the church was closed and in 1932 - 1933 it was completely dismantled. In 2003, the arrival of the church of Peter and Paul proceeded to build a new church near the Nikolskaya chapel, in exchange for the destroyed church. On July 12, 2002, a ceremonial laying of the stone at the basement of the future church took place.
After passing under the arch of the St Peter Gate, where one can still observe the signs of the former guides along which a grate was formerly lowered to block the path more securely, one sees the start of the main avenue of the fortress (whose full perspective is impeded by the central part of the main building of the Mint Works).
Plan of the Peter and Paul Fortress.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.