“Alexander Shanets” fortress was built in 1706 on the Kotlinskaya Kosa. The current View of the fort was forming in 1897-1902 when the central mortar and northern cannon batteries was built.
The central battery of the fort is mortar, along the edges there are two railway tunnels. The railway was directed from Kronstadt to the “Reef” fort, in our time the restored railway can be seen in the area of the Patriot Park .
Mortar battery for 12 mortars
During the war of 1941-1945 on the Mortar Battery was built the Command Post of the Commander of the Baltic Sea Defense.
On the left flank of the mortar battery is the Main Powder magazine.
On the left and right flank of the fort are gun batteries. At our times, the right battery is closed for visitors.