Fort “The Gray Horse” was built in 1911-1915 under the leadership of the Engineer-Major-General AA Shishkin and was part of the Kronstadt Fortress. The main task of batteries was to combat enemy landing craft, in order to avoid the capture of the “Krasnaya Gorka” fort from the dry land.
The structure of the fort:
- Right-flank battery No. 331;
- Left-flank battery No. 332;
- Command and control rangefinder pavilion;
- Rangefinder pavilion.
View of the Gray Horse cape.
On the outskirts of the fort you can see the Izh-10 bunker of the Izhora fortified area and the navigational sign.
Entrance to the fort.
Two information boards are installed on the territory.
Rangefinder pavilion on the left flank of the fort. It was built in 1932.
Left-flank battery No. 332
The artillery battery was built in 1911-1915 and it was designed for four 120-mm guns of the Vickers system.
Right-flank battery No. 331
The artillery battery was built in 1911-1915 and it was designed for three 152-mm guns of the Kane system.
Command and control rangefinder pavilion
The command post, presumably, was built in 1907-1913 and was a part of the fire control system of the fort “Krasnaya Gorka”. The superstructure is the rangefinder pavilion, was made in the 1920s.